Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM

Default Add button to sort categories in factory

I'd like to suggest that a button is added to the factory to sort the categories alphabetically...

Often when a shop is built the categories are named spontaneously, and out of order.

Adding a sort button would allow for a quick ordering, which can then easily be adjusted.

An example is one shop I have with 60 sub categories, where I'd like to sort the categories alphabetically apart from two categories which I'd like to move to the end....

So now I have to sort the categories manually and then place the two categories at the end. The sort button would make this much easier.

Thanks

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Datafeedr Team

Do you just need the categories sorted in the Factory or do you need them sorted in your store? I guess my question is, what is the ultimate goal of sorting in the Factory?
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:53 PM

Just to avoid having to do the sort manually...

Quick sort by clicking the button... then manually move the 'odd' categories to the end...

Basically just automating a tedious manual task :-)

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.
Old January 25th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Datafeedr Team

I just want to make sure you are aware that it is possible to sort your categories on your site in different methods: alphabetical or custom.
Old January 25th, 2011, 09:19 PM

Sure - I know - thanks...

This idea came about cos I have a category with 60+ sub categories, and I'll have to sort them manually in the factory to get them in alphabetical order, and then move one or two categories to the end of the list...