Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 16th, 2011, 10:03 PM

Default Importing store - removed products added back

Hi Eric,
When I imported my store into v3, all the products I had manually removed were added back and I had to manually remove them again.

Also, if I manually remove products in v3, save the search and then edit the search - those removed products are automatically added back again.
My store is:
http://factory3.datafeedr.com/feeder/shop?shop=11456
In the metal cats category for example, I had to remove over 150 products (the word cats was in every listing!).

Thanks,

Susan
Old January 16th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbanks View Post
Also, if I manually remove products in v3, save the search and then edit the search - those removed products are automatically added back again.
My store is:
http://factory3.datafeedr.com/feeder/shop?shop=11456
In the metal cats category for example, I had to remove over 150 products (the word cats was in every listing!).
Hi Susan

I cannot repeat this behavior. I added some products to a category via a search subscription. Then I blocked a 3 products individually from the category. Then I created a new search subscription which blocked another product from the category. Then I edited the first subscription responsible for adding products to the category. Finally I edited the subscription responsible for removing products from a single category. In all cases, everything functioned as necessary.

Also, when looking at your category in the Factory, I see 174 products removed individually from the category. It doesn't look like they've disappeared... unless you already re-added them.

I did have a look at your subscriptions and the seem unnecessarily long. I was able to re-create the Metal Cats category with a single subscription and no products individually removed. I've PM'd you that information for privacy's sake.

Eric
Old January 16th, 2011, 10:52 PM

Hi Eric,
Got your PM's. Yes - much easier than removing all the products. I couldn't figure out how to do it. I will try the additional filters for future searches.
Thanks
Susan
Old January 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM

Hi Eric,
You are right - the products were removed. What was confusing me was that when I went to "edit" the search it showed the original number of items - before I manually removed them. Saving did actually show the removed items as removed.

Thanks for all your help!

Susan