Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old December 7th, 2012, 08:23 AM

Default Import csv file for products

I would like to see the posibility to import a .csv file or similar to the datafeedr store, so I can add own products to the database.ase instead of filling them in one by one.
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:13 PM

That will be great! I would like that as well. :-)
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:50 AM

me too
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:03 AM

I can write a plugin to do this if you tell me what columns you will have in your CSV file.
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM

Wow, it would be great if that is possible....

I use the colums Name, Price, URL, Description, Thumbnail, Image, Brand, Currency
Old April 19th, 2013, 11:54 AM

Ok cool - I can work on that. How would you like the import tool to choose which category to load the products to?

Either the category name could be included in the CSV, although then if you have categories with duplicate names the import would not know which category to load to. Better would be if you could add the categoryids to the CSV.

Alternatively, all the CSV imported items could be loaded to their own unique category.

Let me know what you think.
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:30 PM

Is there any way this plug in can be used with datafeedr ? http://www.wpallimport.com/
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allant View Post
Is there any way this plug in can be used with datafeedr ? http://www.wpallimport.com/
As datafeedr is using the datafeed from whomever is looking after the merchant such as SAS or CJ.

All you have to do is apply for ftp access from the merchant within that platfrom. Once they do give you acces, and you would just have to configure that plug-in to access that datafeed direct, you do not need datafeedr in the middle.

Here is another plug-in http://shareasalewordpressplugin.com/ but it is dearer @ $127.00.

It is an option I am considering seriously with one of my sites. Firstly to see how it works and and just as important how it looks and converts. I already have access via ftp from the merchant who is on SAS, so it is a matter deciding which way to go, so I thank you for another provider of a datafeed plug-in to consider.

Again buying one of these plug-ins means you no longer would have to use Datafeedr.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:02 PM

@dhilditch categoryids to the csv would be oke.
Old April 29th, 2013, 06:27 AM

The CSV plugin should be released today - I'm just running it through its final tests and I'll need to make an instruction page for it. If all goes well, this will all be live today otherwise probably tomorrow.

It uses categoryids to decide which category to place the products into but you can make up new brand names and include a brand logo and it will load that stuff into the database for you.

You can set your own exit URL - I haven't set up replacement of 'REFERRERID' in this - that means, your CSV should have the correct Exit URL including your affiliate link on each row for each product.
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:33 PM

Sorry, I saw your answer today.

Is this plugin already released?

Miranda