Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 27th, 2012, 06:10 AM

Default block from store

Hi Eric,

Long time no see. Hope you are well?

Can i ask does block product from store stop it showing in the next search. I add products manaullay becuase the datafeeds from merchants are bad and feed into the wrong category.

If this isnt a feature, can block from store mean block from search views in the future? Make my life so much easier.
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

It doesn't prevent products from appearing in the search. I've added this thread to the Feature Requests forum.

Eric
Old January 27th, 2012, 08:14 AM

Cheers. It would save me going through all the products i have already added, which has taken an hour for the T shirt category.

Thanks for your help
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:23 AM

Hi Eric,

Did this feature ever get added? So badly need this because i add products to my categories manually, not of subscription. The reason being is my merchants product don't always go in the right category. Plus most stuff i don't want in the store. With over 13k products its a nightmare adding stuff. Doing a search brings up all these products i don't want to see again.

Hope you can sort this for me?

I have been doing really well with a large store, i think i could be doing much better if i could have more time on adding products.
Old July 6th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

No we have not added this as it requires a major modification to the Factory and how searches are performed.

Eric
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:45 PM

Hi Eric,

There has got to be an easier way to search products and add them manually? Subscriptions are a waste of time because i always end up with mens items in womens categories, ect ect.

Currently, every time i want to add manually to store 'Mens T-shirts' it brings up over 3000 products. I then have to look through all the T-shirts again i don't want in my store.

Would be so much easier if you could block products from the search so they don't come up again, so i can add stuff i do want from the search easily. This would also make easier searching for new items which have come into stock.

I have spent the last 4 days updating both stores, that's 4 days away from writing content, SEO ect.

Its a big flaw for me this is. I have to spend 4-6 hours every month just updating.

Is there away round this?
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

When you set up search subscriptions are you using other filters than the Keyword filter? For example, lots of organizational data is stored in tags. Are you using tags in your subscriptions? Tags usually contain keywords such as 'mens' or womens'.

Are you using the price filter to remove products that are out of the expected price range. For example, a t-shirt probably will cost somewhere between $5 and $50. A price filter will make sure it excludes more expensive products that mention t-shirts in their descriptions such as 'these jeans go great with your favorite t-shirt".

Also, can you add a merchant filter so that only merchants whom you know have a good selection of t-shirts are the only merchants queried in the search?

You could also use the 'limit' filter to reduce the number of products returned in your search. Usually the most relevant products appear first in the returned results.

Currently removing products already in your category from new searches is not possible due to the server resources such a query would require.

Eric