Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 21st, 2012, 12:56 PM

Default Ability to add spun content in the factory

bear with me, bit tricky to explain this one...

Eric,

Any chance you could look into allowing the ability to import content in spun format to a text field view in the factory.

This is how it would work, in theory of course.
We would create a text area in the views section. In that we would put content including the spin variables, such as:

For a {combination|mixture} of {contemporary|modern} and {classic|traditional} {style|design}, ankle boots are the {perfect|ideal} {choice|option}. With a {blend|mix} of {both|each}, these {shoes|footwear} are {popular|well-liked} with all age groups. These {shoes|footwear} exude a {different|various} {kind|type} of {style|design} {where|exactly where} you can {combine|mix} {trendy|stylish} with rustic or the worn out {look|appear}. Pairing these {shoes|footwear} with the {right|correct} {kind|type} of {dress|gown} is {very|extremely} {important|essential} to give you the {perfect|ideal} {look|appear} that you have {wanted|needed} to portray.

The idea then being each time the page with that content on is loaded it will produce a random, yet pretty readable version of that article.

The advantage this would have on datafeedr sites would be massive. You can add a text view to the product category and product description pages and then you would be able to add a unique but good quality article to each of those pages. The result being it would waterdown the duplicate content on the product descriptions to acceptable level and you will rank very well for the product name searches and category names.

I employ this on my Tights website and for all the product pages indexed I am on the first page between 1 and 7 and for the category pages I rank first page for big terms such as yellow tights, cheap tights, black tights etc.

I'm not sure how it would be coded as it's not my area of expertise (once i work out what is I'll be a happy man) but it will greatly improve the results people get from using datafeedr. It will be win win. People will make more returns and more people will join up.

WP Robot has the ability to make a unique article from an article in spun format so I could share the files with you if you want to see how they do it.

Anyway, just a thought
Old February 21st, 2012, 12:57 PM

oh, don't worry about the creation of the spin tag version of the article. This can be done by hand or there are plenty of pretty cheap tools to do it, ie thebestspinner
Old February 25th, 2012, 02:06 PM

I would also be so happy if I could add spun articles in Datafeedr.

The simplest way to realize that could possibly be if the users can add spun texts in views -> Category Page -> Default -> available modules -> Text.

But if a page is generated the (spun) text should be stable and not be spun every time the page is reloaded.
Old February 25th, 2012, 05:52 PM

That can be set using the datafeedr caching option
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:09 AM

You could accomplish that in php using a random function. For example assign "classic" to 1 and "traditional" to 2 and generate a random result of 1 or 2 and spit out the word.