Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old March 22nd, 2011, 06:16 AM

Default Add filter "merchants category"

When adding products to a category it would be a huge time saver and would provide great results, if we could also search the "merchants category" like we search keywords,tags etc.

Example: I am looking for "women pants".
Now I would need to use keyword: pants women or keyword: pants tag:women
But a lot of times the word "women" does not apprear neither in title, nor description or tag.
So I need to use more filters like keyword: pants women|ladies|-men|-children|-baby or similar.

If I could search also the categories I would only need to look if the merchant named their category "women" or "ladies" and just look for "pants" in the keywords.

With this feature added it should also be possible to look for products on sale, since some merchants add their "on sale" products to their sale/bargain/outlet categories.

Thanks for considering that!
Sylvia
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:20 AM
Datafeedr Team

Just a quick tip, the Tags all come from any category information that the merchant has provided. So if the merchant has provided a category in their feed, it will be stored as a Tag in the Factory.

So in your example, the following will work if the merchant has provided category information (but not all merchants provide that information, many do not).

Keyword: pants
Tag: women
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:31 AM

I see! I thought those are keywords they are sending.

But the problem with the tag-filter itself is, that the "OR" function is not working.
When I add "women|junior|plussize" and hit "find" it transforms into "women junior plussize" (which would be AND and not OR) and my search results are 0.

Can you maybe fix that bug and I am a happy camper

Thanks!
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Datafeedr Team

OR operators for tags are not possible.