Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old April 21st, 2012, 01:34 AM

Default New Web Host recommendation, as Host Gator causing issues

Host gator have shut my main site down twice in the past week and driving me nuts, with the same problem:

Unfortunately, we were forced to suspend the script /home/xxxx/public_html/xxs.com/index.php as it was causing high loading issues on the server. Due to this affecting all of the other accounts on the system, we had to take immediate action for the health of the server.

bla bla bla

I noticed someone else here had this problem, but it wasn't neccessarily a datafeedr issue.

Any ideas what to do, other than change host?

Any any other web host recommendations?
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patagonia View Post
Host gator have shut my main site down twice in the past week and driving me nuts, with the same problem:

Unfortunately, we were forced to suspend the script /home/xxxx/public_html/xxs.com/index.php as it was causing high loading issues on the server. Due to this affecting all of the other accounts on the system, we had to take immediate action for the health of the server.

bla bla bla

I noticed someone else here had this problem, but it wasn't neccessarily a datafeedr issue.

I had the same issues with hostgator, but I never did find out what was causing the issue as I deleted the site. It did have a datafeedr shop as part of it but because I removed the site altogther they lfited the ban on my account which has all my other shops. They have not caused the same issue.

However in saying that I have asked your question once before on this forum and I did not get any further so unless I have the same issue again I stay with hostgaor.

You may get the reply that you need to go to a dedicated server which costs a few dollars, other than that if we are not in that position to afford something like that we are stuck with using shared hosting services.

I am no techician here with how much resources Datafeedr pulls from the server. Eric may like to comment here but at times it appears it may have a bearing on the sever resources to the extent we get an email from the hosting companies.

In my walk I have also found with hostgator they state that the All in One SEO plug-in uses too much resource on a shared server, therefore they do not recommend it as a plug-in.

A rule of thumb for me, is to run as few plug-ins as possible on my sites to stop the dreaded "banned" emails from hosting services such as hostgator.

If you find one that suits let me know as I may be interested as well. I would also like to know how does one totally bckup a WP site and shift it, if anyone can help me here it would be great.
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:22 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

We addressed many of the resource issues in our 3.4 release when we added caching. Read more here: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5770 I would start with taking advantage of store caching.

Also, your host might not like the store update process. If that is the case, you can try changing your Packet Sizes to 500 (or lower) here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Updates > Packet Sizes. But if your host limits queries per hour, this might not really help.

In our recent tests the Datafeedr plugin uses about 4mb of memory. The next release (3.7) will use under 1mb of memory.

I agree with nzcid on running as few plugins as possible. You are at the mercy of each plugin developer's code optimizations (or lack thereof) and the more plugins you have running, the more resources your website needs just to load a page.

I was unaware of the AioSEO issue so thanks for pointing that out.

Eric
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patagonia View Post

Try this caching plugin:

search 'Add Plugins' for .... DB Cache Reloaded Fix
http://www.ivankristianto.com/web-de...ress-3-1/1784/
(latest version is 2.2.4)

After you activate the plugin, go to Settings and enable. Be sure to actually disable and delete other caching plugins you might have first (W3T, Wp-Super-Cache, etc). I've got my settings to 1440 minutes (24 hours) and its making a difference for me.

>> of course, also go into the factory settings and use the Datafeedr built in caching, that stores thumbnails and images on your local domain (and CSS too I guess - although I don't bother with that).

to Eric // That's interesting that memory is 4MB now, and going down to 1MB ... although (sorry) I find that hard to believe when you have random products, sidebar widgets, and lots of stuff happening in each store. Did you mean 4GB now? and moving down to 1GB in v3.7?

HART
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:39 PM
Datafeedr Team

No, I meant 4Mb but in a normal testing environment.