Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old July 15th, 2011, 11:21 AM

Default Complicated Homepage Problem!

Hi Eric,

I want to be able to do the following with my websites:

- Have the homepage of the site, show the Datafeedr store homepage
- Create a Wordpress page called Blog, which shows my latest blogs.

The problems I have:

1. If I go to Wordpress -> Settings -> Reading and change Front Page Displays -> A Static Page and point it to the Datafeedr Store page and then point the Posts page to the Blog page I created, AND have the Datafeedr Factory store URL settings BLANK for the Front Page URL box, ALL of my title tags (as I have defined in the Factory -> View Head Elements) disappear, although my blog page works fine.

2. The same set up in Wordpress, but with the Factory URL Settings -> Front Page URL Box set to "Store"... the homepage is then empty... and no title tags also.

3. If I then change the Wordpress -> Settings -> Reading back to have Front Page Displays -> Lastest Posts, with the Factory -> Store URL Settings -> Front Page URL: empty, everything works fine, but now I have no blog page.

So the simplest solution: Find out how to get my blog posts onto a custom page I have made... any ideas?

The harder solution: work out why when I change the settings to 1 or 2 above, I have no title tags!!!
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by patagonia View Post
1. If I go to Wordpress -> Settings -> Reading and change Front Page Displays -> A Static Page and point it to the Datafeedr Store page and then point the Posts page to the Blog page I created, AND have the Datafeedr Factory store URL settings BLANK for the Front Page URL box, ALL of my title tags (as I have defined in the Factory -> View Head Elements) disappear, although my blog page works fine.
I think you can use this solution but leave the "Front Page" option blank (unselected).

Old July 15th, 2011, 11:33 AM

Seriously, such a simple solution, right before my eyes!!!!! I have been tearing my hair out for 2 days trying to solve the problem. Oh to have your brains

So why does the front page not work, when I point the Reading Settings -> Front page to the static Store page?
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by patagonia View Post
So why does the front page not work, when I point the Reading Settings -> Front page to the static Store page?
Because it conflicts with rewriting going on. It's all very complicated.
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM

Default How do I make my store my home page?

Eric,
Okay tried to follow the below reply, but still don't get it how to set my store to a home page.

Can you explain to me how to make the store a static first page on word press?

You cant do it the usual way under static page under reading. The Store doesn't show up as a post or a page, so I don't see how I can make it my static front page if desired.

IE: I would like the Laptop page to come up first

On some of my stores I want it so that when you go to my domain. The store comes up as my main page.

http://factory3.datafeedr.com/feeder/shop?shop=33469

Please advise.

Thanks~Steve
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You can't set a specific category page to be your homepage. You can however set your Store's Front Page to display on your site's homepage.

You can see how to do that here or follow the link in my signature, "Set your store as your homepage".

You can configure your store's front page to display whatever you want. Here's how to modify the layout: http://www.datafeedr.com/videos/?vid...ayout#videotop

Just make sure you put your Reading settings back to the way they were, ie. Front page displays: your latest posts.

Eric