Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old April 14th, 2011, 06:10 PM

Default Site wont update for the first time

I just signed up with Datafeedr, set up my store in the factory, installed the plugin on my Wordpress site, and entered the connection key. Everything is working perfectly, except when I go to upload my store and settings to the site for the first time, nothing happens. It says "updating site" and underneath that it says "waiting...'' and it just sits like that no matter how long I leave it. Any suggestions? I am running the latest version of wordpress hosted with hostmonster and it is the latest version of the Datafeedr plugin as well.
Store ID=31362
Website URL= www.hipjointpainrelief.com

Last edited by ericnmon : April 14th, 2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old April 14th, 2011, 06:36 PM

Alright, I just manually updated the store and it said it worked. I checked my homepage after clearing the cache and there was no link in the page bar. So i typed in www.hipjointpainrelief.com/store and guess what? It was there. So now how do I get my store page to show up?
Old April 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You can modify your WP Menu system (WordPress Admin Area > Appearance > Menus) to add a link to your store. Or if your StudioPress theme is responsible for configuring which Pages appear in the menu and which don't, you'll need to look there.

Eric
Old April 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM

Menus aren't available within my theme and there is no options inside the StudioPress theme to add it. I looked under my pages section and there is a "Store'' page there, but it still isn't showing up on the site.
Old April 17th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Menus are provided by default in WordPress Version 3.0 and above. They can be found in the sidebar under the "Appearance" heading.

If your theme doesn't take advantage of native WP menus, you will need to ask the theme developer how to configure your menu to display specific pages in the menu.

Eric
Old April 17th, 2011, 04:52 PM

Alright, thanks
Old April 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM

Does anyone have any insight on how I might add this page to the top bar? I don't have access to the studio press forums at the moment, and a store without a link is kinda useless...
Old May 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnmon View Post
It says "updating site" and underneath that it says "waiting...'' and it just sits like that no matter how long I leave it.
This should be fixed in plugin version 3.2.xxxx.