Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayorofrance View Post
This is a massive time saver
Glad to hear that!

Quote:
1. In my store I will end up with around 100 filters, which are brand specific. Do you recommend that I create one filter widget per brand and add 100 widgets to the side bar or would it make better sense to have a huge chunk of code in one master brand filter widget, which populates a drop down box depending on which category is active?
The latter makes the most sense. Anytime you find yourself repeating the same thing over and over and over again (ie. creating 100 filters and adding 100 widgets to your sidebar), there is probably a better way.

Quote:
2. I think there is an issue with filter keys of less than 4 characters, so your Sky brand filter will not work unless you can tweak the MySQL .ini file - which you can't on shared hosting... Do you have any ideas on how to get around this?
This is one of the drawbacks of this method. Modifying the MySQL's sysvar_ft_min_word_len option is the real work around.

Quote:
3. Is it possible to use AND and OR on the word filter? For instance for one filter I have two possible ways of spelling the keyword, but I would like both keywords to be in the same filter. This would also allow you potentially to build out your example above with a second level 'Model' filter, so you could first select 'Ray Ban' then afterwards 'Wayfarer' to narrow down the model within the brand.
I don't believe that is possible...

Eric