OK, so basically you need to do a few more things:
1. You must make sure you add at least one merchant from a network which supports "Coupons/Deals" to your store.
2. Then create a category named "coupons" (it could be anything but in this example i will call it "coupons")
3. Add coupons to this new hidden "coupons" category from your coupon offering merchants.
4. Set the "coupons" category to hidden. You can do this when you create the category.
5. Go here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CUSTOM VIEWS > your new custom view
> Product list module > Settings icon (
6. In the custom query field, you need to add c=coupons and select "use custom query" like below:
7. Update your store by clicking the [Update Products and Settings] button.
That should do it.