Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/index.php)
-   Upgrading from V1 to V3 (http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Drip Issue (http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3530)

k9marketing January 8th, 2011 09:13 AM

Drip Issue

Previously dripped post no longer have image or link to affiliate site. Have others seen this issue or did I miss something on the install? www.K9marketing.com

Eric January 8th, 2011 09:22 AM

Version 3 does not support V1 dripped products in any way.

If you really need those products to be displayed, you will have to edit your WP theme templates to display the custom fields associated with those products as well as add your affiliate ID to the affiliate links.

k9marketing January 8th, 2011 09:35 AM

It's either edit the posts or completely delete them. It does not make a lot of sense to have blog post promoting specific products without any images or affiliate links to lead to a merchant site. I am glad I new at this and don't have a lot to edit.

Eric January 8th, 2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9marketing (Post 16149)
It's either edit the posts or completely delete them.

That's correct.
Quote:

Originally Posted by k9marketing (Post 16149)
It does not make a lot of sense to have blog post promoting specific products without any images or affiliate links to lead to a merchant site.

The product information is stored in your post's custom fields. You can find the product's image, price, affiliate link and other info in the custom fields of a dripped product.

Eric January 8th, 2011 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put together a little script that will help those who have dripped posts and still need to display some product content.

It's not officially supported so use at your own risk.

Just download and open. I've written the full documentation inside the zipped up .php file so it should be fairly straightforward to configure and install.

It's not a plugin so don't try to install it via the WP plugin interface. It will require you to edit your theme's functions.php file and any theme file responsible for serving up dripped posts.

Eric

drobertsbiz January 14th, 2011 03:00 PM

Eric,
I want to make sure I have this correct.

So after the upgrade to version 3, on every page that was created using the version 1 drip feed, we have to manually enter the product information, such as:

<?php echo $product['id']; ?>
<?php echo $product['thumb']; ?>
<?php echo $product['image']; ?>
<?php echo $product['nid']; ?>
<?php echo $product['price']; ?>
<?php echo $product['link']; ?>

even if we use the script that you provided? Or else none of this information will be retained?

Eric January 14th, 2011 03:06 PM

You need to enter than information into your theme's template files, wherever you want dripped product info to show up. You don't have to enter that information for every single product/post.

You need to use the script so that you can insert your affiliate ID into the affiliate links. Otherwise, you will find yourself editing hundreds of custom fields.

Basically, you just need to make a couple of changes here and there... you certainly don't need to edit hundreds or thousands of posts.

Eric

drobertsbiz January 23rd, 2011 05:46 PM

Thanks, Eric. This worked for my v1 drip posts.