Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/index.php)
-   Questions (http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Product Duplicates (http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7628)

kaje September 6th, 2012 09:46 AM

Product Duplicates

One of my merchants (4checks) publishes a lot of duplicate checks that datafeedr doesn't recognize as duplicate. They have two versions of checks with the exact name, description, (everything really) except price. After further research I noticed the difference between them is one is a single check $19.95 and one is a duplicate check $23.95.

I guess datafeedr keys only on the product ID which is why it's not seeing it as a duplicate. Is there any way I can filter these out of the mix without having to go into hundreds of categories and block each check separately?

Eric September 6th, 2012 09:59 AM

Hi

A duplicate product is considered a duplicate when the product name, merchant and price is the same.

So checking the "exclude duplicates" checkbox should fix the issue.

Eric

kaje September 6th, 2012 10:03 AM

Eric, everything is the same but the price. I have the duplicate boxed checked but that doesn't remove the check which you're saying won't since the prices are different. Is there anyother way I can remove the duplicate check without having to do it manually across hundreds of categories?

Eric September 6th, 2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaje (Post 35025)
Eric, everything is the same but the price. I have the duplicate boxed checked but that doesn't remove the check which you're saying won't since the prices are different. Is there anyother way I can remove the duplicate check without having to do it manually across hundreds of categories?

Can you tell me the exact category and products you are referring to so I can take a look?

kaje September 6th, 2012 10:20 AM

Sure any category would work. Look for the 4checks icon on the right side and you'll see there are duplicate checks. You can look in the American Checks>Lighthouses category to find a couple of these instances. StoreID 37038

Eric September 6th, 2012 10:26 AM

Hi

Sorry, my answer in post #2 was wrong.

If 2 products have different prices, they will not be considered duplicates.

My only suggestion would be to use the "Block from category" link. There's no way to exclude them automatically.

Eric

kaje September 6th, 2012 10:45 AM

Uhg! That's not what I wanted to hear. This will take weeks to go through. It would be nice to have some sort of filter that allowed you to filter "like" products. So if they have an identical name for instance only show 1 product based on price or something like it.

Eric September 6th, 2012 10:52 AM

Hi

We currently have a feature scheduled for the next release of the Factory (3.10) where it will be possible to exclude duplicates based on duplicate image URLs.

In the case of your lighthouse checks, this would fix your issue.

If you don't mind having a few identical products in your store for a little while, it might save you a lot of time and energy to wait until 3.10 is released.

It will probably be 4-8 weeks.

Eric

kaje September 6th, 2012 11:02 AM

Thanks Eric for the heads up. That would be a HUGE time saver.

burroughs December 19th, 2012 10:04 PM

was this ever released?

Eric December 19th, 2012 10:14 PM

Hi,

Welcome to the forums!

This will be released in version 3.11 which is scheduled to be released in January.

Eric

thk1976 January 8th, 2013 03:08 PM

Where do i find the "exclude duplicates" option?

Eric January 8th, 2013 03:11 PM

Hi,

It's at the bottom of every search form:

Eric

Eric February 7th, 2013 09:24 AM

Hi,

It's now possible to exclude duplicate products based on image URLs.

Eric