Datafeedr Support Forums

Datafeedr Support Forums (http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/index.php)
-   Problems (http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Cannot download store data (curl_error) (http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3752)

dcutri January 22nd, 2011 11:08 PM

Cannot download store data (curl_error)

I'm getting this error when I try to update my store from within WP:

Cannot download store data (curl_error)

[Technical details...]

remote_update: begin
download: using curl (http://factory3.datafeedr.com/feeder...afde7b7033ba02)
ERROR: curl_error (Empty reply from server) error:704,call.updater.download_shop_update:3086,d o_remote_update:3073,shop_update:2405,cmd_quick_up date:2356
remote_update: FAIL: download error
shop_update: 1295755501-1295755502 (err_download:curl_error)

It's been working fine for me for the last couple of days, then suddenly this error. And I'm all updated version-wise.

Eric January 23rd, 2011 01:45 AM

Hi

Can you upgrade your version of the plugin to the most recent version.

If that doesn't fix it, click the [Update Products and Settings] on the WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr page.

Eric

dcutri January 23rd, 2011 04:34 AM

No, doesn't help.

Eric January 23rd, 2011 10:02 AM

Hi

What version of the plugin are you using? You can find that at the bottom of this page: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr

Eric

dcutri January 23rd, 2011 10:10 AM

dcutri January 23rd, 2011 10:12 AM

...and it says cURL is installed.

Eric January 23rd, 2011 10:16 AM

Hi

Can you PM me the following information:

FTP LOGIN INFORMATION (Temporary login information preferred)
Host:
Login:
Password:

BLOG LOGIN INFO with ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSIONS (Temporary login information preferred)
Admin URL:
Username:
Password:

Thanks,
Eric

dcutri January 23rd, 2011 11:17 AM

Awesome. Thank you. Warning: it's a total mess in there since I upgraded to version 3--I lost a lot of work in the upgrade, but I weighed the pros and cons and decided it was worth it. But I haven't got around to fixing it yet or getting all the way through the Big Video for v3. So, it's a mess.

I also have my Under Construction plugin activated, but like I said, everything was working fine for a few days and then stopped. I'm gonna PM you the info now. Thanks.

Eric January 23rd, 2011 11:51 AM

Hi

Thanks. We are looking into this issue now. I will update you as soon as we figure out what is going on.

Eric

Eric January 23rd, 2011 12:21 PM

Hi

OK, this reason for the error is because of a piece of code you have in one in your Merchant Filter View.

Basically, you have an unescaped apostrophe within code wrapped in apostrophes.

This line:
Code:

<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='merchant=Merchant's Name']">Merchant Name</a></li>
(I'll send you the real code by PM)

Basically, you have this:
[server.url type='fullpage' query='merchant=Merchant's Name']

But you will need to remove the apostrophe like this:
[server.url type='fullpage' query='merchant=Merchants Name']

We are looking at addressing this issue in our code but for now, you'll just have to remove the apostrophe. I would probably just do this:
[server.url type='fullpage' query='merchant=Merchant']

Once you edit your view code, update your store and the error should go away.

Eric

ubdirect May 24th, 2011 08:29 AM

Eric,
Since updating the plugin, my store was empty, although the plugin says there are all my products in there.

I removed all the products and cleared the store, to download again, but I get the same CURL error as above. It gets to update file 97 of 97 then the error appears.

Running Plugin V 3.2.3262

Eric May 24th, 2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubdirect (Post 20938)
Eric,
Since updating the plugin, my store was empty, although the plugin says there are all my products in there.

I removed all the products and cleared the store, to download again, but I get the same CURL error as above. It gets to update file 97 of 97 then the error appears.

Running Plugin V 3.2.3262

Hi

Can you PM me the following information:

BLOG LOGIN INFO with ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSIONS (Temporary login information preferred)
Admin URL:
Username:
Password:

FTP LOGIN INFORMATION (Temporary login information preferred)
Host:
Login:
Password:

Thanks,
Eric