Facebook Like Button - Adding a like button to your store's front page
In this tutorial I will show you how to add the Facebook Like button to your store's front page.
1. Go here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > STORE FRONT PAGE > Default
2. Add a new Text Module to the store front page view.
3. Click the theme icon ( ) for the new Text Module.
4. Paste the following code into the Text Module:
6. Go to the View menu. From the drop down list, choose "View <head> Elements".
7. Here is where you need the URL to the image you want associated with your store's front page. In this example, I will use this image:
You need to paste the following code into the <head> element area (replacing my image URL with your image URL):
9. Go here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr
10. Click the [Update Settings Only] button.
Now a Facebook Like button should appear on your store's front page.
You can further configure the Like/Send button by following the tutorial here (under Step 1 - Get Like Button Code): http://developers.facebook.com/docs/.../plugins/like/
I implemented the code above. The FB buttons appear and link to Facebook correctly, but I'm getting the following message:
404 - PAGE NOT FOUND
404 means the file is not found. If you have already uploaded the file then the name may be misspelled or it is in a different folder.
Seems to be with the image link. On my site, I hovered over my logo and copy-pasted the image URL of my logo png file into the script above. Not sure why I'm getting this message.
It's hard to say without seeing it in action.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.